Monday, December 7, 2015

What If .....? 11th Sept'2015 (A poem)

What If ...?                                                              11th Sept’2015

"What if, what if I knew then what I know now...
 would life give me another chance?
Another way to be or yet another reason to see?

What if, What if I could live another day by, simply being me...
Would I really be myself or someone you see?

What if, what if all that's passed could somehow be undone...
Would another one life be saved, someone living yet, not past..
There's more to life than merely living .... 
from the daily din to all those lost smiles and grins…
And all the glad laughter, the lost time and spaces and innocent chatter...

What if, What if I knew then what I know now...
Would it all really change anything, would it really matter?
Would time stand still as it does now...

Of gone past years and of feelings unspoken…
Of all those times when words somehow failed...
What if, what if I only knew...
What if I knew then, what I know now....

Would it all really matter?
What If ...?"
© Madhavi Sood (Madhavi Mohandas) 11th September 2015


No comments: